Selling your Home | Lethbridge Real Estate News

Lethbridge Real Estate News

Chuck's Blog October 2014


This September was a carbon copy of 2013 in single family home sales, again with 90 sales for the month and taking an average of 74 days to sell. There were however 24% fewer new listings for the month which is quite a remarkable decline in this segment month over month. The average price of a single family home in Lethbridge is up 4% over last year to $304,405. Total overall sales (including condos, semi-detached homes, land etc.) were up just 1% over September of last year, bringing the total sales in Lethbridge “year to date” up 5% so far compared to 2013. Our city and its communities continue to expand strongly with both residential and commercial developments in all areas within the city limits and beyond. Hoping for some nice weather because it's full steam ahead until the Christmas break! 


Selling your home doesn't have to be overwhelming.


When some people think about selling their home, they imagine all the things they will have to do: paint the kitchen, clean closets, prepare for viewings, find another home, arrange financing, start packing, etc. It can all seem very overwhelming very quickly.


In fact, the long to-do list you imagine you’ll have to deal with may dissuade you from making a move! It doesn't have to be that way.


There are many ways to make selling your home and buying another relatively simple and easy.

Sure, there will be some work to do. You may need to prepare your property so that it looks appealing to potential buyers – cleaning, decluttering, doing some repairs, etc. Of course, you will also need to view some properties for sale in order to find your next dream home.


But those activities may not be as time-consuming or difficult as you had imagined. In fact, you and your family might actually enjoy the experience – and see it as an adventure.


The trick is to work with the right REALTOR®, someone who can guide you through the process, show you the shortcuts, and generally make things easier for you.


It's a little like baking your first cake from scratch. The task seems daunting, unless you have a master baker by your side to guide you step-by-step through the process. Then it's a lot easier, and even fun!


That's what a good REALTOR® can do for you. Looking for one? Call Chuck Gulyas today.


"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." - John Wayne

No comments

Post Your Comment:

The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS®, and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are member’s of CREA. The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by CREA and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.